Friday, February 19, 2016

Ageing Hands


Now how in the world can ageing hands make you smile you ask?

Yesterday I'm sitting at our computers and I hear Grandpa Rose exclaim holding out his hand at arm's length, "My hand looks old." "When did that happen"?

I snort because I am five years older (yes I'm a cougar) replying, "You think your hands look old, look at mine," holding one of my hands up for him to see.

Which got me to thinking about what my hands have done over my lifetime to make smiles and magic.

  • The first time holding your newborn.
  • Hands can defend you or someone else.
  • Making crafts for our loved ones.
  • Hands can talk with sign language.
  • Typing or writing a story or a book.
  • We use hands to grow food and flowers.
  • Play musical instruments and make beautiful music.
  • Hands can get excited helping to tell a story.
  • Waving hello or good-bye.
  • Hands can heal, wipe away tears, hold and comfort a crying child.


The list goes on and on. Hands are magical and can make you smile. I have earned every wrinkle and will continue to use them to make the world a happier place.

What kind of things can you do with your hands? (Keep it clean ~wink~)

100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #30 Fecund: prolific, inventive

In a sentence:
The computer programmer was a fecund person who could quickly identify and solve problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment